The Clubhouse

After a challenging day on the links, relax in the Clubhouse, built in 1910, which offers the visitor and member alike full bar and catering facilities throughout the day.

The Clubhouse

We provide a full range of catering facilities from 8.00am daily, from a full English breakfast through to lunch and evening meals, as well as a comprehensive bar menu for snacks through the day.

Please see Restaurant section for details.

Clubhouse Opening Times

The Clubhouse is open from the following times - however, these hours are subject to change according to the activities and events at the Club and there may be occasions when the clubhouse is closed earlier than the times stated.

Sunday08.00 - 18.0008.00 - 17.00
Monday08.00 - 18.0008.00 - 17.00
Tuesday08.00 - 18.0008.00 - 17.00
Wednesday08.00 - 18.0008.00 - 17.00
Thursday08.00 - 22.3008.00 - 20.30
Friday08.00 - 22.0008.00 - 20.30
Saturday07.30 - 22.0007.30 - 17.00

Please note that the changing facilities will be closed when the Clubhouse is closed. If you wish to gain access to the locker rooms either before or after usual opening hours, please contact the Managing Secretary.



There are numerous Honours Boards including one for the renowned West of England Championship started in 1912 and the West of England Foursomes Championship which features the names of Peter Alliss and Brian Barnes.

In the ground floor Dining Room there is a fascinating display of various golf clubs presented to the club from as early as 1890.

On the staircase leading to our main Dining Room is the record of all the major Amateur Championships played at the Club including the English Amateur Championship which has been played five times at Burnham and Berrow.

The Lounge and Bar

The focal part of the clubhouse is the spacious and comfortably furnished lounge and bar area which overlooks the course, with doors opening onto a covered terrace, from where you can watch the sun set behind the dunes and the last golfers completing the 18th hole.

Take the opportunity to study the extensive Club memorabilia. On the walls are the original maps of the course from 1891, drawings detailing course alterations through the years and period photos of past competitions, including a series of the 1906 and 1923 Ladies’ British Amateur Open Championships.


Adjacent to the bar is our snooker room which is available for use by visitors staying in the Dormy House. This is a favourite place to be if the weather is inclement, and over the years has hosted a number of exhibition matches including Ray Reardon and Joe Davis. Next door is our television room.


At the far end of the Clubhouse is the gentlemen’s locker room which includes a large drying room should it be needed, the ladies facilities are located on the first floor with separate access to the putting green and first tee.