Par 4, 369 Yards, SI 13
Named due to the punch bowl shape of the green. Originally played as the 4th hole the hole was created in 1897 by Charles Gibson when the course was extended to 18 holes after the lords of the manor offered to lease the whole of the warren to the Club in 1896 enabling them to extend the course as far as the church.
Before taking on its sharp dogleg shape when the course was nine holes this hole was played to what is now the 15th green which was the far extent of the original nine hole course.
“Big hitters can try to carry the big hollow and bunker down the left side of this dogleg to set up a shorter shot to a punch bowl green. Most players will be left with a blind second shot. Find the middle of the green and you will give yourself a good birdie opportunity. When playing this hole take note of the pin positions on the adjacent 16th and 15th holes for later in the round.”